Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Highlights from my Bridal Shower

“Wear two bags – all the good goes in the front bag and all the bad goes in the back.”
–Grandma Petrilli
IMG_8283

That’s the advice my fiance’s Grandmother left on a “Words of Wisdom for Kristina” card. There were tons of other gems in the stack…I smiled as I read every one of them! I’ll share more with you in future posts.

Future hubs and I before he left :)
 IMG_3485


To be honest, I was very overwhelmed with opening all of my amazing gifts in front of that many people, but it was super exciting at the same time! We registered at Crate & Barrel, Target and Bed, Bath & Beyond to give our guests a range of options and prices.

Here are some decor, gift and cake highlights...

Seating cards and tulips
IMG_8213


Every guest entered the “Guess the Eggs” contest – very Spring/Easter-ish!

IMG_8214
IMG_8215

How appropriate? Table #5 (wasn’t taken on purpose!) and one of the pretty centerpieces.
IMG_8217

My bridesmaids collectively gave me this AMAZING basket filled will tons of baking tools, a pie plate, dish towels, along with the pretty cupcake tree in the front and more that I haven’t even uncovered yet. Re-usable cupcake liners (bottom left) are awesome and I never knew they existed!

IMG_8218
Some pretty gift wrap.
IMG_8247

 IMG_8219

“I have to sit here in front of everyone and open all of these!?” :-)
I was nervous!
 IMG_8245
 IMG_8246
IMG_8249
The cake from Wright’s Dairy Farm! This baby had real whipped cream topping (so it wasn’t death by sugar), yellow cake and a 1/4 inch layer of lemon filling….LEMON IS MY FAVORITE! The colors match the scheme of the wedding too ;-) Kudos to Wright’s Dairy Farm in North Smithfield, RI for this great cake.
IMG_8278
IMG_8277 
My sis/MOH and I posing in front of the gorgeous/yummy cake she got!
IMG_8281

The girls and I before the fun began
IMG_3497

Opening a Crate & Barrel box – “Is this what I think it is??”
IMG_8262
Yup! Margaritas glasses! I love mine frozen!
IMG_8266

A few guests got really creative and used containers like laundry baskets or woven baskets to put other gifts inside of…smart!
IMG_8273  
Another lovely basket filled with tons of goodies! This one’s from my cousins.

IMG_3510
An Oneida pizza stone with carrying handles – got a pizza cutter with it too :)
IMG_8299
An awesome glass cake stand that doubles as a punch bowl if you turn the base upside-down and place the cover upside down so it rests on top of it. Genious!
IMG_8296
Dan’s goddaughter was there helping with gifts…she’s soooo cute!
IMG_3521
A Kitchen Aid Mixer from my Nana! She loves baking and she’s amazing at it. Funny story here: I unwrapped the package and when I ever saw that it was a Kitchen Aid Mixer, the first words out of my mouth were: “I can make sausage with this!!” haha (Obviously I know I can bake up a storm with it, but I love the attachments…I can also make pasta with it!.) Everyone got a kick out of it hence why I’m laughing so hard :-)
IMG_3525

Phew! I’m done! Look at my “bow”-quet!!IMG_3528



IMG_8301
















I got so many amazing gifts like cobalt blue luggage!, our complete dinnerware set, servers, gorgeous platters, the list goes on…we’re so thankful and blessed! Thanks to my future mother-in-law, sister and bridesmaids for such a wonderful day.

32 days until my bachelorette!
54 days until the wedding!

7 comments:

jacin {lovely little details} said...

ahhh!!!! you look so pretty!!! what color is the kitchenaid?

Jessica said...

Looks like you had a great shower!!!! I love that dress, too! So pretty :)

Shana said...

aww lovely! I too love my kitchen aid!

Mel {The Oceanside Bride} said...

Awwww looks like you had an amazing time!!! xoxo

Jasmine said...

this is so beautiful and looks like so much fun! i love your outfit and love the advice cards! they did something like that for my shower, too! i loved going back and reading what everyone had to say!

look at all those presents! wasn't it so stressful to open them all in front of people?!

is wright's dairy farm... like wright's chicken farm?! because i've been there! haha

Saying I do said...

love your dress! and wow! you got such great stuff, look at all those gifts!! So much fun, I can't WAIT for mine!

Nicole-Lynn said...

Loved your outfit! Super cute! Glad you had a nice time!