Sunday, April 17, 2011

Ceremony Music I

It’s about time to firm up our Catholic Wedding Ceremony music. I love traditional hymns. Something about an organ gives me goosebumps! I’ve also contacted some brass groups at the college I work at to see if any students are available to accompany are organist.

Here are some possible Prelude songs:

{ Currently undecided }

For my big march down the aisle with my Dad, I can only imagine this song…

Wagner’s Bridal Chorus


But, this is a possibility too:

Pachelbel’s Canon in D (gorgeous version)

Presentation of Gifts

Prayer of St. Francis

 

Communion

My deceased Grandmother Nina used to sing in her church’s chorus group…I remember her singing Amazing Grace all the time…Amazing Grace would be really special

Another lovely one is Ave Maria…brings tears to my eyes

Recessional!

Ode to Joy

 

Off to Palm Sunday Mass :-)

SIX WEEKS FROM TODAY (forget the days, I’m counting the measly weeks!) We become Husband and Wife <3
Got goosebumps writing that.

1 comment:

Jasmine said...

6 weeks?!! that's so soon!

very exciting!!