Wednesday, January 12, 2011

30-Day Shred

A few days ago I came to the realization I just don’t have the time to put into P90X – it requires at least a hour a day, 6 days a week…7 days if you do the stretching.

With some of you followers and my friends suggesting Jillian Michael’s 30-Day Shred, I looked into it some more, heard great things, and bought it last night @ Walmart for $9.00. I certainly can do the 30-minute intense workouts that the Shred provides.

jm_shred

With today being a snow day here in Rhode Island, I popped in the DVD and did her Level 1 sequence before lunch. I got a GREAT workout – there were even parts I had to stop a second (even though she tells you not to) to catch my breath or give my muscles a second to stop hurting. I did ALL of the abs moves without quitting! So, on my first day I think I did great and I’m starting to hurt in all the right places (legs and abs) – to me that’s a good sign! So happy I bought it.

I also bought her Yoga Meltdown (also $9 @ Walmart). I love yoga and it’s effects, but a 90-minute class is a big time commitment. I don’t have the most routine schedule right now either.

jm_yogamelt

So – I’m figuring I’ll do the 30-Day Shred (not sure how quickly to advance to Level 2 and 3) and try doing her Yoga Burn 2 days a week on top of it.

Thank you followers and friends for this suggestion! Will report back on how I’m doing.

5 comments:

Chocolate Lover said...

Good luck with it! Let us know how the yoga one goes! I'm very curious

Jen said...

She had great workouts; good for you!

kristinoffiler said...

Hooray! You will love it. I'm sure it's different for everyone, but I advanced myself to the next level after I could do level 1 or 2 without feeling like I needed breaks. After a few months, I would mix it up and use each level at random to keep the muscles confused. Keep us posted! :)

jacin {lovely little details} said...

you already look amazing!!!! but good luck!!

AmyJean {Relentless Bride} said...

Definitely interested in the yoga one... i tried her shred, but have a hard time staying focused... but it definitely burns. Good luck!