Sunday, December 12, 2010

Holiday treats - Pretzelies

This morning I made Pretzelies!
DSC09806

This Pretzelies recipe is compliments of the lovely Jacin over at the She Said Yes! blog.

Ingredients
-Snyders pretzel snaps (or generic brand square grid pretzels)
-Hershey kiss hugs, caramel filled kisses and/or peanut butter filled kisses
-Holiday colored M&Ms
-Sea Salt

Because I’m making these for a bunch of people, I bought a 1 pound bag of pretzels, 4 bags of Hershey’s kisses (2 bags of hugs, 2 bags of chocolate), 2 12.6 ounce bags of red/green M&M’s and Morton Sea Salt. I caught a great sale at Target for all of these items!

First thing’s first…unwrap all of the kisses.

DSC09791

 

After 1 bag:

DSC09794DSC09795

 

After 2 bags:

DSC09796 DSC09797 DSC09798

 

Pretzel Snaps

DSC09800

I placed (112) snaps on the cookie sheet and placed one hugs in the center of each.

DSC09799  DSC09801 

 

Got my chocolate M&M’s ready

DSC09802

 

I placed the tray in the oven on 350 for what turned out to be too long: 2 minutes. After 1 minute they weren’t soft enough but 2 minutes made them too soft…

DSC09805

 

I placed the M&M’s on top of each one individually…definitely time consuming and tedious! Trying to get each one to sit perfectly in the center and not touching the melted hugs took patience.

DSC09806 

I then sprinkled sea salt on top. I love that salty/sweet combination!

I let them cool off and come to room temp before packaging them.  

DSC09807

 DSC09808

 

Mason jars! For you Jacin! 

DSC09810

 

Love the hangtags I got at Target! Ribbon from Michael’s.

 DSC09813

I will be doing an all-chocolate version of these and possibly a caramel one. Pictures to follow :)

Be sure to check out Jacin’s She Said Yes! blog if you are planning your wedding or just love pretty things. She does a post on Mason Jars every Sunday!

3 comments:

jacin said...

yahoooooooo!!!!!!!! they're perfect!!!

Anonymous said...

Great Job Kris! They look amazing! ~Karey

Nicole-Lynn said...

Yum!