Friday, August 20, 2010

Stuck on Bridesmaids Dresses

The real hunt for dresses has commenced.

Monday night I went with one bridesmaid and we thought we had it figured out! Short wasn’t cutting it formality-wise. So we knew it had to be long.

This is the dress (“Dress A” for future reference) on:

Alfred Angelo Style 7060, Charmeuse Fabric (lighter satin)

This is it on the Alfred Angelo site for a different view..I would have to get it in Sapphire:

alfred_angelo_7060_charmeuse_sapphire

or Waterfall:

alfred_angelo_7060_charmeuse_waterfall

It definitely elongates a figure and is great for dancing the night away..and ultra light in case it’s hot..it IS a Memorial Day Weekend wedding!

 

Then I went Tuesday with 3 other bridesmaids and my Maid of Honor. They tried on Dress A, it looked good, and then we found 2 other styles that we really liked on everyone.

Dress B on 2 girls, Alfred Angelo Style 7041, Satin:

Dress B on the site:

Alfred Angelo Style 7041 in Robin’s Egg

alfred_angelo_7041_satin_robinsegg

Alfred Angelo Style 7041 in Cobalt

 alfred_angelo_7041_satin_cobalt

Alfred Angelo Style 7041 in Pool

alfred_angelo_7041_satin_pool

Some complaints about Satin – the ruching will fall down towards the end of the day if it’s not tacked properly…it can be warm, and since this dress has a corset back, it can get uncomfortable after a while.

 

Dress C – I failed to photograph this on anyone..it was the last dress they tried on, everyone seemed tired, it was 8:30 and I was stressed out. They looked completely gorgeous in this one and it was very complimenting on 4 different figures but is rather restricting as it is a trumpet shape. The 4 girls that tried this on all seemed to love it – it looked great on all of them. Three others still have to try it on. Some complaints about taffeta is that it wrinkles easily and can be noisy when walking.

 

Impression’s website does a terrible job at showing how this dress actually fits:

1356_impression

It had a lot more ruching across the mid-section. The girls would opt to add a sweetheart neckline. It’s also got a zipper back.

The problem is I’d have to choose either Aqua, which I’m not super crazy about in taffeta, or Indigo which is a much deeper blue than I really intend to go with.

 

Here are some of Alfred Angelo’s blue swatches…

Click the photo to see all swatches…I’m debating Seafoam and Coral too (a bit on the pink side).

aa_swatches

 

I could end ALL thinking about which blue to go with and choose Coral…still have the ivory, creams, peaches and tangerine flowers with some green hypericum berries…have the guys wear aqua ties for the splash of aqua.

Ultimately it is my decision…I just wish I could decide!

 

Please share your thoughts!

4 comments:

Shelby Bukhenik said...

I love that first dress! Looks liek it would be flattering on all figures!

Nicole-Lynn said...

Great choices! We're going with AA bridesmaids dresses too!

Jen said...

I definitely agree with Shelby; love the first dress best! And most flattering :)

Jasmine said...

They're all so beautiful!

I really love the first one! The sapphire color looks amazing!