Monday, June 7, 2010

Ready to dig in!

So I have been MIA from my blog for quite some time. I really apologize :-)

We got back from vacation (which was amazing!) and I had to scurry to get my final projects done for my 2 RISD classes. The mad rush came to an end on June 4 when I got to hand in all my stuff! Still awaiting grades. Needless to say, I'm feeling refreshed and invigorated that I can just think about wedding details without the haunting voice in my head saying "you should be doing homework right now".'

Here are some highlights from the cruise!

Flying over TF Green in Warwick, RI

 tf green airport

Boarding the ship in Cape Canaveral

royal caribbean freedom of the seas

Walking around before we left the port

royal caribbean freedom of the seas 

Sunrise at 6:15 am the next day!

sunrise on the cruise

Walking by the ship at the first port of Labadee, Haiti, one of Royal Caribbean’s exclusive ports of call.

royal caribbean freedom of the seas royal caribbean freedom of the seas

Peeking through a palm tree @ Labadee!

palm tree, labadee, haiti

Little flowers falling on my chair as I lounged :-)

labadee, haiti

Sandals, Dunn’s River in Ocho Rios, Jamaica.

HIGHLY recommend a Sandals for a honeymoon. Unfortunately, this one is closing in July 2010.

sandals, dunn's river, jamaica

Gorgeous view

sandal's, dunn's river, jamaica

The delicious food – jerk chicken and french fries, and unlimited drinks from the bar…juice, soda, mixed drinks, etc. To be honest, this food was so much better than Royal Caribbean’s on the ship.

sandal's, dunn's river, jamaica 

Part of one of the pools

sandal's, dunn's river, jamaica

 

 sandal's, dunn's river, jamaica sandal's, dunn's river, jamaica

Pristine waters

sandal's, dunn's river, jamaica

Mr. K5 and I at the ice show on the ship!

 royal caribbean, freedom of the seas

On a tender…I think this was Grand Cayman

DSC08000 

On the tender heading to swim with STINGRAYS!

 grand cayman

30 minutes out into the middle of the ocean…we jumped off the back of the boat into water only 3 feet deep..really weird.

grand cayman

A stingray…they really weren’t that bad after being in there for 30 minutes :-)

grand cayman, stingray

Tiki Beach @ Grand Cayman (part of 7 mile beach) after the stringrays

tiki beach, grand cayman 

Waking up to Cozumel!

 cozumel

Cozumel – Passion Island…was a cloudy day but still got a great tan

passion island, cozumel

passion island, cozumel

I enjoyed 2 tiramisu on the ship after dinner :-)

DSC08166

Heading to a show…with my lovely $8.00 dress from Cozumel

 DSC08181

Sunset heading back to the Port…pretty sad! The Miami skyline is on the horizon but not so visible in this photo. Click to enlarge.

sunset, off coast of miami

I am obsessed with clouds and the sky – this was flying home into Warwick/Providence. Some great inspiration for future artwork.

cloud deck, heading to tf green

3 comments:

Jenn @ WestSacHoney said...

Such a pretty trip! Good tip on Sandal's we've been thinking about going to a Sandal's for awhile now esp. for a honeymoon

antaram310 said...

Looks like a honeymoon! How fun for you guys. I'm thinking we'll have to go on a cruise for our anniversary next summer or something :)

Nicole-Lynn said...

Very nice! looks like you two had a great time!

Thanks for your sweet comment on my blog :) That's neat we're both marrying Daniels :)