Tuesday, February 23, 2010

DIY: Painted Wine Bottles, Part I

First, I apologize for not having written in over a week! In fact, almost two weeks. I came down with what felt like the flu on Valentine’s Day, of all days!! I forced myself to go see Beauty & the Beast at Providence Performing Arts Center because I had been waiting since Christmas to see it! Though I shivered through the whole show, it was fantastic. The set design was gorgeous!

So I have been itching to experiment with these painted wine bottles. I took 2 from my stash and soaked them in a large bucket of hot, soapy water for about 45 minutes to 1 hour. I then too a sponge with a rough surface and scrubbed the bottles beneath the surface of the water, and all labels and glue came right off.

Voila! They really look nice on their own for decoration don’t they?

washed wine bottle

washed wine bottle

Stay tuned for Part 2!

No comments: