Monday, January 25, 2010

Fun with type and monograms

Tonight I had some free time so I decided to start experimenting with typography for our wedding stationery. I want to have our Save-the-Dates designed, printed, addressed and mailed by the end of June which is when our guests can start booking rooms at the Crowne.

I thoroughly enjoy typography and I’m thrilled to be taking an entire class on it beginning in March!

These designs are currently based on us printing on a white or cream stock. More designs to come in the future where the backgrounds will be colored.

All images Copyright 2010, K5 Designs. Enjoy!

P_5

P_1


P_4


P_3


P_2

As you can see we’re going for a modern look here. I appreciate script fonts, but only those that are easily read and not too ornate. And, I like pairing serif fonts with sans-serif fonts..makes for a nice contrast.


k_d_5


k_d_4

k_d_3

k_d_2

k_d_1

So, what are you doing for your stationery?

Are you designing it yourself?

Handing the project off to a designer?

I’d love to hear! For any comments or questions regarding my designs, contact dansbride52911@gmail.com.

3 comments:

Moni said...

Love your designs for monogram. It is the little details that make it extra special.

Aylee Bits said...

Love the monograms! I'm doing all my stationery... another way to save :)

Kristina said...

thanks ladies!

Yes - doing it yourself is a great way to save.