Thursday, December 17, 2009

We’re going on a cruise!

This May, Dan and I, along with his family, will be heading to the Western Caribbean via Royal Caribbean’s Freedom of the Seas, sailing out of Port Canaveral!!

The ship is HUGE (but not as big as their brand new Oasis); seen here at Port Canaveral:

12930898

In 2008, we went on the Liberty of the Seas out of Bayonne, N.J. to the Eastern Caribbean. For those that get seasick, I don’t recommend that route. I spent the first two days and the last two days, pretty nauseated. The Atlantic, where it parallels the Eastern seaboard of the U.S., was pretty rough (at least to a first-time cruiser) and I feel like it totally wasted 4 days out of the 9 that I was on the ship.

I’m beyond excited to be flying to Orlando, setting sail out of Port Canaveral, and visiting 3 new Islands I’ve never been to with my fiance! Ever since my flight to Germany in ‘07, I think I’ve overcome the fear of flying. I’m obsessed with all-things aircraft…I love to sit at the airport (Green & Logan) and watch the planes take off and land. I am also a huge fan of NASA, space and astronomy, hence my enthusiasm over getting to go to Port Canaveral!

We’ll be going to Labadee where there is an AMAZING zipline. Here was our view from the top waiting to go down in 2008!!

n14300272_33829832_5143

View of the ship from the top of the zipline: (Hispaniola on the background)

n14300272_33829830_4528

We’ll also be going to Ochos Rios, Grand Cayman and Cozumel. This countdown to the cruise will definitely keep my mind off the fact that there are still just under 18 months to go until the wedding. In thinking about it, I don’t think we’d be ready planning-wise to have a wedding this May. So, I’m happy I still have 18 months to plan all finer details!

3 comments:

Chocolate Lover said...

Very exciting! Cruise looks like a lot of fun, and what a beautiful place you are going to! Plenty of turquoise inspiration! :)

Jen said...

Oh that's going to be so fun! :)

WestSacHoney said...

So lucky! I've been wanting to go on a cruise for awhile now!