Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Turquoise it is!

The main color of our wedding – Turquoise – has been picked by Pantone to be the 2010 Color of the Year!

Read more about Pantone’s choice >>

This color has always made me think of a tropical paradise, where we’ll be spending our honeymoon! And as Pantone states, “In many cultures, Turquoise is believed to be a protective talisman, a color of deep compassion and healing, and a color of faith and truth, inspired by water and sky.” What better color to choose for a wedding “theme” than a color that symbolizes faith and truth?

The colors that I’ve chosen to compliment Turquoise – tangerine, peach, and a shade of yellow - are going to make for a cheerful, vibrant and uplifting feeling on our special day!

So I ask my readers – what do you feelings and thoughts are provoked when you look at Turquoise? Is this a color that you would like to have around your home? Would you use it sparingly as an accent (a lamp, throw pillow or vase), or as a major element (wall color or painting)?

2 comments:

Born to be Mrs. Beever said...

Oh man! You've got to be kidding me! Our colors are an aqua/turquoise color with a deep cranberry red accent. I was thinking I was being somewhat unique and different but apparently aqua and red and turqouise are the new huge colors for next year - man...you can just never win. :) Anyway, I love your color choices, especially since they incorporate turquoise like mine. And I absolutely LOVE that turquoise is thought to represent faith and truth...two things I am very passionate about! So perhaps I will somehow incorporate or mention that at our wedding? You've given me an idea :)

{The Perfect Palette} said...

congrats on deciding on your color palette. To me, turquoise is a color perfect for the beach, or any wedding on the water. Great with colors like navy, or red or even the simplicity of black or white.